Tips to get Sparkling Eyes
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 am
Your eyes are the windows to your soul. And healthy, sparkling eyes are the sign of a well-adjusted, happy, human being. Needless to say that this is a very attractive quality as well as a sign of true beauty. Something that every person aims for.
Now how does one go about achieving this It's quite simple really. One must try to remain calm and relaxed in the most adverse circumstances. Life does not always go the way we want, but always works out best in the long run. If we are accepting and content with our lot then our path automatically smoothens out. But this is the way to true inner beauty. Let's see how we can handle these windows to our soul externally.
The easiest way is through make-up. You can always emphasize or intensify the shape and colour of your eyes with the help of a kohl pencil, eyeliners and eye shadows. But the best way to maintain that inner sparkle is to take care of your health. Avoid long hours and do not overstrain your eyes.
How Should We Avoid Eye-Strain
One of the most common causes of eyestrain is inadequate lighting while reading or even doing housework, like cleaning, mending or sewing. This causes a weary, dull feeling that can simply be avoided by proper lighting.
Another common fault is the angle at which you tend to hold a paper or book while reading. People generally tend to hold it too close to their eyes and strain them in the process. The correct method is to hold the book about ten inches away from your face. i.e. neither too close nor too far. The same goes for watching television or when using the computer.
Lastly, if none of the above tips seem to help, then you must consult an optician to check your number. Do not worry as you can go in for contact lenses. In any case, nowadays spectacles have become a wonderful accessory. If you already have spectacles, then make sure you get your eyes tested every two years or so in order to keep a check on your number.
Simple Home Remedies For Tired Eyes
1. To soothe tired eyes, dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on closed eyes for 10 minutes. Now relax completely.
2. Alternatively, you can place slices of cucumber or grated cucumber on closed eyelids for about 10 minutes and relax completely.
3. To completely relax the eyes and the surrounding muscles, close your eyes and think of something that is pleasant or soothing and at a distance. Now gently open your eyes and look into the distance. Next focus on an object at arm's length. Do this extremely relaxing exercise four to five times a day.
Make Your Eyes Sparkle
Soak 1 tsp. dry amla in one cup of water overnight. Next morning strain it through a muslin cloth and then add one extra cup of water. Splash your eyes with this solution each morning and watch your eyes sparkle.
Problems With Puffy Eyes
All you need to do is grate a potato with its peel and apply on your closed eyelids for about 20 minutes and relax completely. You may even take a nap. You will wake up feeling extremely fresh.
Tips For Dark Circles
1. Apply cucumber juice below your eyes every night just before going to bed.
2. Mix the pulp of a quarter tomato, turmeric powder, lemon juice and gramflour (besan). Apply this mixture on your dark circles and wash off once it dries.