Are you a working mother?
Wed May 13, 2009 7:40 am
Are you always in a hurry and constantly worrying about your curry? If you are the quintessential workingwoman, you will certainly find yourself neglecting the woman in you. It is absolutely no joke to do a full-time job and look after your husband and children. Therefore, while taking care of others, take care of yourself too.
Your physical and mental health and sense of self-worth plays an important role in what makes you tick. Let us see how working mothers can look and feel beautiful. Pamper thyself.
1. The first step is to de-stress. Worries only bring wrinkles. So when you wake up in the morning, the first thing that you need to do, after stretching and yawning, is to take a few deep breaths and relax. In fact you could even do it in the middle of the day, especially when you find the pressures threatening to take over. Before starting on any work, meditate. Even if you can spend just 5-10 minutes of your day on meditation, you will look and feel much better.
2. Drink loads of water. Start with 2-3 glasses until you can swallow over a litre on an empty stomach. This will serve to flush out all the toxins from your system and make your skin glow.
3. Next, splash your face with cold water before brushing your teeth. Put a few drops of some aromatic oil in your bathwater to help you feel fresh and energetic. After bath, use a good hand and body lotion to keep your skin supple and young.
4. Apply some sunscreen lotion before going out to work. Do not forget your dark glasses to avoid crow's feet around your eyes.
5. After coming home from a hard day's work, clean your skin with a little bit of cotton soaked in unboiled milk. This serves as an excellent cleanser. Next comes the astringent. For a natural astringent, you could simply splash cold water on your face. After this relax with a herbal face pack or a moisturizer.
6. Just in case you have been tanned, mix a little vinegar with one teaspoon of honey and apply on your face for 15 minutes to remove the tan.
7. You could also apply a paste out of honey and corn flour in order to keep those wrinkles at bay.
8.Soak your tired feet in a bucket of warm water with salt and watch the tiredness slip away.
9. Put a slice of cucumber on both your eyes for about 10 minutes before you go to sleep, as this will not only help you to relax, but it is also excellent for removing dark circles underneath the eyes.
10. Lastly, make sure that you get a good eight hour sleep, as no amount of make up, herbal packs or moisturizers can replace that.